Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Farmer's Market Tuesday

For me the most basic form of shopping locally would be the Farmer’s Market held every Tuesday and Friday from 11:30 until 2:00 during the spring/summer at the Methodist Church yard, where locals bring all sorts of goods, fresh veggies, homemade braked goods, flowers, crafts, and the list continues depending upon the day.

Today there was a fairly large turn out of people (let's keep in mind this is Fredonia so there were 6 vendors in all) and I was excited to see all the fresh vegetables starting to make an appearance, but first I could not overlook the baked goodies:



Kolaches:



Flowers:



Tomatoes and Peppers: (oh how homegrown cherry tomatoes make my heart go pitter patter)




Red potatoes and Blackberries:



Yellow Squash, Zucchini, Cucumbers, and Onions:



Green(ish) onions:



Once we got home they might have talked me into a cup of tea. . .





Oh veggies, how I love to photograph you, no one ever looks away, sticks their tongue out, or blinks when I snap a picture. Maybe you all could teach a little of this to my kiddos.

Stay tuned in the coming days and I will show you how I use these babies up. Also, do you shop at the Farmer's Market? If so, what is your favorite item to buy there?















No comments:

Post a Comment