Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Happy Hump Day

Wednesday, you are one of my favorite days of the week, and it's not just because the deli at G&W has their chicken special, but am I ever thankful for your chicken, so yummy, so cheap! (I always buy 2 just so I can have leftovers!)






Served with some parsley potatoes, so simple, yet so perfect.



And some baked beans, how I love beans, and these are great, and although I would never give up real homemade baked beans, these are great for when you want baked beans but don't have an hour to bake them. (Also on sale this week @ G&W, so stock up!)





Roasted Asparagus, my current favorite vegetable, I could have eaten this entire plate.




Farmer's Market Salad



Dinner is served.



Today also started the first day of the new ad at G&W, I typically keep a very close eye on their sales ad and try to stock up while items are on sale. This week after looking through the ad I started to put together my list for Friday's shopping trip. I usually do my large shopping trip on Fridays, and then make quick runs when we are out of fresh fruits and veggies, or I decide I want something other than what I planned to make that night :)

These are the items in the sales ad that will definitely be going on my list this week.

Strawberries
Corn on the Cob
Ribeye steaks
Split Chicken Breasts
Ice Cream
Bush's Baked Grillin' Beans - seriously these are great for quickie dinner nights!
Hormel Black Label Bacon
Shrimp
Hiland Cheese - I LOVE this cheese!
Best Choice Diced Tomatoes - my favorite is the sweet onion kind
Pork and Beans, because that is a staple in this house
Tony's Pizza - kids love em for lunches
Red peppers
Red Onion
Asparagus
Avocados
Eggs
KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce

What items do you like to stock up on at the store? Do you watch the prices and buy extra when on sale, or just run in and grab what you need when necessary?

Some of dinner ideas based on this week's sales ad I am considering -

Bacon Wrapped Grilled Chicken Breasts
Roasted Green Beans
Rice

Steaks
Baked Potatoes
Asparagus

Grilled Shrimp
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Corn on the Cob

Bacon Tomato Sandwiches

Have you looked through the sales ad yet? If so what are items you are going to stock up on? Any meal ideas based on items on sale??



2 comments:

  1. Do you butter your asparagus and roast in oven? What temp and about how long? Asparagus is absolutely one of my favorite things about summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I coat them in olive oil and then use sea salt, 425 degrees for around 10 minutes. I also cut the ends off about an inch and then peel the bottom inch of the ends and they don't get stringy.

    ReplyDelete